Wednesday, May 28, 2014

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Review




Purchased at Sephora. $12.00 1oz


My skin has been pretty dry lately. Every winter I suffer from dry patches on certain spots on my face. They get pretty dry and flaky, and it’s a really unpleasant experience. I’ve been looking for a potent moisturizer that is capable to take care of those dry patches and flakiness, without leaving the rest of my skin super greasy through out the day. I have seen many reviews and ravings about this cream, so I was really interested in trying it out!


This moisturizer claims to:


  • Be a skin protectant
  • Antioxidant boosters
  • Relieve minor irritations
  • Relieve dry, parched skin
  • Help with skin conditions such as eczema and rashes
  • Has no parabens, harsh chemicals, or colorants
  • Be suitable for both the face and body


This moisturizer, as I said before, claims that it can be used on both the face and body. I was hesitant to try this at first, since I had a pretty bad experience with a Cetaphil moisturizer that also claimed the same thing and ended up breaking me out like crazy.


I tried this moisturizer for a couple of weeks and I didn’t notice any allergic reactions or major breakouts. I did have a couple of pimples on my cheeks and forehead, but they were in places where I have had them before, so I’m not really going to blame it on the moisturizer.


The formula:


The product itself has kind of a whipped consistency. A little goes a long way. It doesn’t feel like a heavy, greasy cream. It is very smooth and lightweight. It feels thick when first applied, but it absorbs really quickly and leaves a non-greasy, matte finish. It’s lightweight, but it is still moisturizing enough to hydrate my super dry spots.


Although I like how it is targeted for people with sensitive skin conditions, I don’t think it is powerful enough to help treat those issues. I have sensitive, red cheeks and the moisturizer didn’t seem to ‘‘calm’’ the skin. However, it does feel rich and moisturizing, which can potentially help skin types that suffer from eczema and other skin issues.


Overall, I really like this moisturizer. It has become a definite must for my dry skin during the winter months. I am not sure if I will be able to use this during the summer because it might be too heavy, but I will still test it out. For now, people with dry skin will really benefit from this rich cream (and it’s a multitasking product!)





No comments:

Post a Comment