Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser Review:




$6.00-$8.00 (All drugstores)


Maybelline recently came out with a new collection full of innovative products for 2014. One of the things that caught my attention the most about this collection was, without a doubt, their new face primer. Face primers are not really popular in the drugstore category. Only a few brands have come out with a few primers.


What’s interesting about this new primer is that it claims to vanish the pores instantly. It claims to leave the surface of the skin poreless, creating a flawless canvas for your foundation.




I couldn’t resist the hype and decided to try this product. So, here’s what I think:


Packaging: It has a super cute packaging, which definitely works to advertise the product. It comes in a very small tube which you can squeeze the product out of.


Formula: The formula of this primer is a clear gel that feels lightweight. It definitely feels like it has a lot of silicone. It feels very silicone-y. It went on very smoothly, so smooth that it felt a little too greasy. I applied it on my T-zone and it did diminish the appearance of pores. I noticed that it made the foundation blend a lot easier.


Wear: The primer didn’t make my foundation last any longer and it didn’t control the oil on my skin. I have very oily skin and at the end of the day, some of my foundation wore off and my skin was oily.


I personally think this primer is okay. I think it only works for diminishing the appearance of pores, but it definitely does not control the oil or prolong the wear of the foundation. I still use this, but I don’t reach for it everyday. When I use it, I make sure to combine it with an anti-shine primer and set my foundation with primer.


No comments:

Post a Comment