Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks Review


Urban Decay came out with a line of new products for 2014. While looking at the new collection on their website, the first thing that caught my attention were the new Revolution Lipsticks. I’ve been watching people on Youtube rave about these, so I was really excited to try them.


The price of each individual lipstick is $22.00 (Very pricey for a lipstick!)


I was hesitant about buying these at first since I didn’t know whether or not they’d be worth the $22.00. MAC lipsticks are $15.00 each, and their quality is amazing.


I was expecting a lot from these lipsticks, and I wasn’t let down by them.




Urban Decay describes these new lipsticks as a ‘’Rich, buttery lipstick at its best—with the signature Urban Decay pigment-rich color you crave. Urban Decay’s Pigment Dispersion System™ gives Revolution Lipstick its super creamy texture, intense pigmentation, superior color dispersion, and extended wear. Maxi-Lip™ defines and hydrates lips while making them look plumper and fuller. And a nourishing blend of jojoba oil, avocado oil, cocoa butter and shea butter keeps lips super moisturized and cushiony soft. The luxe, custom-designed gunmetal tube (lined in Urban Decay’s signature dark purple) looks so gorgeous, you’ll want to keep pulling it out of your bag.’’


And without a doubt, they were right! The consistency and creaminess of these lipsticks is impressive. They are very creamy and rich without being heavy. They do not feel too dry or too creamy… just the perfect consistency! The jojoba, avocado oil, and cocoa butter definitely hydrate the lips without making it feel heavy or sticky.


The finish on these is a shiny one. There are no mattes in this collection, only satin/shiny finishes. I noticed that I can still add lipgloss after the application (I like my lips to be extra shiny).


The pigmentation is also outstanding. One layer of lipstick is enough with these. There is no need to go over your lips multiple times to get good color payoff.


I also don’t notice a scent on these.


Packaging: Each lipstick comes in a gorgeous metal tube that looks and feels really high quality and high-end. This definitely adds to the quality of the lipsticks. It looks gorgeous on your makeup vanity or purse!  



The only cons would be the longevity of these. I find that I need to reapply them every 2-3 hours, which is pretty frequently considering it’s such a high end lipstick. If you drink and eat the lipstick will wear off, the darker shades leave a little tint behind.

Shades I purchased:

Native - Pale, warm pink. Pigmentation is a little more sheer than the others. Perfect everyday nude pink color.

Venom - Dark, purple plum. Rich and pigmented plum color. Perfect for a daring, bold look!




 Native, Venom 


Native, Venom



Are they worth it? Yes! I only purchased two shades, but I would definitely repurchase more if I could afford to. I don’t think it’s necessary to buy these, considering there are so many affordable lipsticks at the drugstore. However, if you feel like splurging a little, these are a great option since they won’t let you down!





No comments:

Post a Comment