Thursday, May 29, 2014

Doing Ari's Makeup

As part of my Capstone, I decided I wanted to do some girls' makeup. With the help of my mentor, I contacted some 9th graders from SLA to do their makeup.

The first girl was Ari Haven.

Ari is a beautiful girl with very soft and delicate features, so I wanted to do a wearable daytime look, and then darken it up for the nighttime.

Makeup I used:


Eyeshadows: Coastal Scents Revealed Palette 



Makeup Brushes I used: BareMinerals, Urban Decay, E.L.F, and SOHO London




Here's the process:

- Ari has beautiful skin, so I skipped foundation and started by applying Benefit's Boi-ing concealer to her eyelids to even out the discoloration, underneath the eyes to cover any dark circles, and on the rest of the face to even out her skin tone.

- Then, I applied a shimmery champagne color to her eyelids, and a medium matte brown to her crease.



- After applying eyeshadow, I filled in her eyebrows, and applied mascara to her upper and lower lashes.

- After finishing the eyes, I contoured her cheeks with bronzer, applied blush, and highlighter on top of her cheek bones. 




  - To finish off the look, I applied some lipstick and lipgloss. 

 - In order to take this look from day-to-night, I darkened the eyeshadow by applying some black to the outer-corner of the eye and the lower lash line. 


Finished look:






Special thanks to Ms. Dunn for helping me with my Capstone and the beautiful model, Ari Haven.

No comments:

Post a Comment